Our Community Foundation is chaired by Dr Ahmed Samerai, and has been active in providing support to the community since 2004.
- The Foundation provides occasional support for The Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Center for Human Rights (RFK Center) which engages in long-term partnerships with human rights activists who have won the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award to initiate and support sustainable social justice.
- The Foundation took part in Larry's King initiative (Save our Gulf) towards the support of the Gulf Waterkeepers directly impacted by the BP oil disaster.
- In 2010, the foundation supported the "Let them play foundation" which is a California non-profit corporation. Its sole function is to advocate and help fund a restoration of intercollegiate football at Santa Clara University.
- In April 2011, the foundation sponsored the Pink Caravan - Riding for Courage campaign. The 330km ride on horseback to raise awareness about breast cancer in the region saw 20 areas across the United Arab Emirates being visited, where more than 10 mobile medical clinics were set up for screenings and examinations, and more than 1,000 women were educated about the dangers of the illness and the importance of early detection.
- The Foundation recently helped make the dream of one of our American University of Sharjah graduates come true, when she became the first Middle Eastern student to enter the White House and progress her internship within the White House communications department.
- The Foundation sponsored the US-based Sarah Jane Brain Project, which aims to create a model system for children suffering from all Pediatric Acquired Brain Injuries (PABI).
- In 2011, the foundation sponsored for the third continual year, the American University of Sharjah alumni and becoming a key partner with the University's various activities.
- The Foundation is heavily involved with the UAE based charity Friends of Cancer Patients Society, which offers support and advice. In the last a few years, the Foundation various services sponsored accumulated to US$400,000.
- In 2004, the Foundation teamed up with Tanmiyat Group to create an Annual Urban Planning Award, which is awarded to top University of Sharjah students in recognition of their contributions to the community.
- The Foundation sponsored the engineers' workshop for Sharjah University's College of Architecture and Environmental Engineering, which focused on the dangers that face sustainable development projects.
- The Foundation sponsored the 20th International Conference on Microelectronics held at Sharjah University's College of Engineering.
- Foundation is also a regular sponsor of the Rashid Summer Camp, an annual youth summer camp that provides sporting and educational activities for children across the GCC during the summer months.
- In May 2011, the foundation sponsored English Football charity night, at an event called the SAHARA London Legends Cup. Legend players such as Zola, Paul Merson, Roy Hodgson participated in the tournament in which fans saw former players of Arsenal, Chelsea, Fulham and the Spurs competing.
- In May 2011, the foundation and within its belief in freedom of speech, sponsored a highly acclaimed talk show at the Capital Club for the CNN and Al Jazeera anchor Riz Khan.